Tuesday, December 21, 2004
On this day:

call yourself tom, edmund or esther

for I have taken on the role of Big Brother. If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see my hits counter. But to call it that is to do it an injustice as it's so much more than that. With it I can tell who visits, where you visit from, how long you stay, which pages you visit and even what browser you use, plus a multitude of other useless data.

It's a bit annoying, as it's set to zero which'll make new visitors to the blog think it's even less popular than it is. It also has the potential to be quite depressing. And if I were to sit here all day on the analysis screen, I would catch visitors in real time and get to see what they were reading as they were reading it. Spooky eh?

Check out www.statcounter.com to get your own.

Appended: Get on my new styles... peekaboo comments and a way of seeing which comments are new.

Plus if you like the 'On this day' feature visible near the date above posts, then check out how to do it at http://newlinks.blogspot.com/


Coming soon: A funky new Flash interface... well a movie at least

>

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Is there linkage you could give for the comments? Thanks!

8:49 pm  
Blogger Kitten said...

Hi Peter..Just dropped by to tell you I swiped your Shout Up And Shop thing....love it.

Will get back to you on the whole death penalty issue...not enough time to go into it right now..I'll be back!
have a good one.....

9:48 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

No worries Kitten, it gives the artist more exposure. There's a really cool piece of similar graffiti in the City of London on my way to work. I'm going to try to get a picture. Watch this space :)

I'll post the link for the comments on your blog Kate. For anyone else interested, it can be found here:
http://jsierra.net/2004/10/comment-notification-added.html

10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4ever, 5210 - rulez
gandon
gandon

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment